Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Seoul Music Awards

Last Thursday I had the opportunity to attend the 22nd Seoul Music Awards at Olympic Park. I heard of a contest that was giving away a pair of tickets to foreigners so my friend and I signed up and said whomever won would take the other. I didn't win, but my friend got a pair of third row tickets to the show! It was pretty great, aside from my trip to the Korean Music Festival in Los Angeles last year, this  has been my only other Kpop experience to date.  During the show they gave out awards for various categories like album of the year, song of the year, etc., and it was really sweet to see the performers go up on stage and be ever so humble. I think their humbleness despite the fact that they're super famous celebrities makes me like kpop even more. The awards ceremony itself felt a bit more like a concert because every 10 minutes it seemed like a different artist would take the stage and perform.
I saw my two favorites Big Bang & 2ne1 and definitely had a fangirl moment when they came on stage. Aside from Big Bang & 2ne1 some of the other groups who performed where: Sistar, Secret, BAP, Epik High Miss A, Super Junior, and Shinee. It was a great night! my friend and I enjoyed singing along, and screaming whenever our idols were on stage. I'm really fortunate to have been able to see Big Bang as I was unable to get tickets to their show when they performed in Seoul earlier this year. It was also really good for hearing new groups I normally would have not heard before. Epik High has been playing at the clubs for a while now, but I hadn't really paid attention before; now I'm a big fan of their music and have downloaded their albums.
Hopefully I will have the opportunity to go to more events like this. I guess it's pretty normal in Seoul for artists to perform during special festivals/events, I just need to stay on top of things and brave the crowds.

Focused on big bang during the opening ceremony

No comments:

Post a Comment